Saturday, September 7, 2013

Meltdown

It has been FOUR months since I last posted; I may be the worst blogger on the planet. Literally.

Lots has happened, the ebb and flow of life continues on: marriages, deaths, vet visits, shopping outings, date nights, funny cases, annoying cases, just LOTS of cases, and so on but life is good. It always is, even when the curveballs get thrown at you. 

I cannot believe that it is September! Kyle and I kicked off the month by spending a gorgeous 5 days in Maine. My parents have a second home there and we flew up to join them. We ate lobster, kayaked, hiked, shopped, relaxed, laughed, laughed more, drank wine, laughed, did puzzles, and just enjoyed the beautiful area that we were lucky to be at. It's fun that my parents are not only, well, my parents, but also a few of our best friends. 

I bought an airbrush make-up machine. I'm not sure if I should admit that to people, but I bought it and now this is out in the open. As I always tell the Bailiff that's in my division at work, "it's hard being a professional woman!" and so anything that makes my life simpler is welcomed. This machine is supposed to make your skin look flawless and the make-up is actually SO much better for you. It's all natural, and has no chemicals or harsh products in it. Even better? It's cruelty free. Yay animals! It also is supposed to be quick and easy to use. This could go two ways: fabulously, in which case I look like a porcelain doll and my skin glows OR terribly, in which case I look like Bobo the clown and people laugh. Let's hope for the former...

Kyle is doing well and has a few new goals: to buy a bow and arrow and to buy a golf-cart that he can drive on the sidewalk to Linkster's, the bar down the street. He also wants to publish his research paper. We aim high here in the McNeal household! 

My goal is to get on here once a week and update. I know the four people that read this are probably so curious and need week-to-week updates; I will not disappoint you my faithful followers.

Oh, one last thing: I had a meltdown last night over the series finale of the Secret Life of the American Teenager. There were tears. And I threw myself down on the ground like a Southern belle on a sweltering day in the 1800's. 

My 27th birthday over the summer did nothing for my maturity level. 


No comments:

Post a Comment